A patient who was in a Norco Medicine cabinet that was burned during a fire at a home in Virginia has died.
The coroner’s office in Virginia announced Wednesday that 41-year-old D.J. Johnson died of carbon monoxide poisoning after being hospitalized on Sunday.
The cause of death is pending further investigation.
The fire happened on the first floor of the house in Fairfax County, Virginia.
It took firefighters less than an hour to put out the flames.
The Fairfax County Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire was started by a fire extinguisher and that no one was inside at the time.